The next weekend we had his party. I went with a "ball" theme because this kid is obsessed! His love was clear to me many months ago when he laughed for over 15 minutes just watching his cousin shoot hoops in their kitchen. Watch it again, you won't regret it. He could spend hours playing ball (baseball, soccer, anyball). At just 18 months old, he could hit the ball in the air when pitched to him. At just 2 it is clear, on SO many levels, just how different our boys are. They have some different interests but many that overlap. Just enough to make sharing a constant struggle. Brody is much more of an emotional roller coaster. He is often full of smiles but he can pout and tantrum with the best of 'em.
Here is Brody hitting the ball from a rope we set up in the backyard.
*Please note the background sound in both this video and one later in the post is Kam happily putting mile 947 and 1002 driving his tractor... mostly just in our backyard. It is a miracle we have any grass left.
I didn't get many photos of the actual party but it was ALL BALLS! Cheeseballs, melon balls, 3 kinds of meatballs, cake balls... you get the idea.
Brody was adorably shy during the singing. Luckily he fully understands that fire is hot so I didn't have a really big "mom fail" like at his 1st birthday.
He got over the shyness pretty fast. Because: cake.
Don't let the above picture fool you. This B-ball hoop is no joke around here:
I think the highlight of the part was a balloon drop. It was a HUGE hit with all the kids... and maybe the parents, too.
I should probably learn not to wait until the end of the evening to grab a family photo. This turned out pretty darn good, considering.







No comments:
Post a Comment