September 7, 2014

Brody's 1st Birthday

Seriously? My baby is 1 year old?!?!?!

We went with a "You Are My Sunshine" theme.  This is what I sing to B when he is upset.  Kamden now knows this and sings it to him anytime he is crying.  He doesn't even want me to sing along... Just Kam singing to his baby brother :)


 I got adventurous and actually made a birthday cake.  This is the first cake for a kid's party I have made. I found a way to make something "fancy" but still not "perfect".  An ombre frosting job was a good fit... looks a little unfinished but that was the plan.  A sheet of Wilton's decorator sugar made the sun in a snap.  Seriously, this stuff is magic.


 An attempt at a family picture...

The Birthday Boy!

I "may" have told a couple people that he LOVES balls and we don't have many.  
Great minds think alike.

In a moment of parenting gold, I placed a candle in front of my child (while holding his hand) and then looked away for a second.  Clearly, my finest moment.


HOURS later, we were able to recreate the "smash cake" photo. 

These boys are definitely focused when it comes to cake eating.

When we sang to him, he was SO adorably shy...

This boy is melts my heart.


No comments: