It started with a trip to Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. I hadn't visited in quite awhile and I didn't have super high expectations for Kamden's level of interest. He blew me away! He was SO interested and wasn't ready to leave! I planned to explore the Native American Art inside the museum (we were about a week away from Thanksgiving). He just LOVED a certain mask and kept talking about it. After, we wandered a few more areas then headed outside to the sculpture garden.
After the outdoor sculptures, we headed back inside through the new (ish) Bloch building. We spent some time in the African Art, even compared the similarities of the masks there to the masks we saw in the Native American exhibit. Like I said, the kid was engaged in art!
After lunch at the museum, we headed to Science City at Union Station. We met up with Aunt J and cousin O. They had a blast exploring and learning. Kamden had never been but we are members now and plan to go often!
We ended the day with some ice cream at Murry's. YUM.
Can't wait to do it again!








No comments:
Post a Comment