July 24, 2014

Breckenridge - Part 3

Final post about this vacation.  I promise.

We took Kam to the Mountain Top Children's Museum.  It is small but cheap and fun for young kids.  They even had a baby area!  Kam took his doctoring very seriously...

 

One morning Kam and I went to do some shopping at Target.  I let him pick out a new toy since we didn't bring that many with us and he was getting pretty bored.  He was inspired by the trip to Great Grandma's farm and picked out a "tractor and wagon."  He found a small patch of grass next the the rental to play on... I think he was missing our big back yard!


The Riverwalk area was just a block or so from our house.  This is a fun area with the river, playground, often some performers, and always people watching.  The river was pretty high so no one was playing in it but it was still fun.  

Sidenote: Kamden is mildly obsessed (still) with Katy Perry's "Roar."  I recently made the mistake of introducing him to the video and that is what he is doing here... roaring into the water like she does in the video.  Cute but man... I am over that song!


At some point we went to the Breckenridge Recreation Center for some swimming.   I don't have pictures but it was a great indoor pool for kids.  Slides big and small and a big area that was 1'-2' deep.   

I feel like this whole post is about Kam but I swear... Brody was along for the ride and having fun...

 

There was a couple moments of hope that Kamden will eventually like Brody.  For you that don't know... Kam pretty adamantly does NOT like his brother.  He ignored him for as long as he could but now that Brody is on the move, he is hard to ignore.  Kam spends most of his day hording all "his" toys away from him. 


We wanted to do some light hiking but Kam was a bit of a mess.   Even when walking around town he complained that his "feet hurt" or "tummy hurt" ... aka.... I want to ride in the stroller instead of Brody.  By day 3, I was definitely wishing we had made room in the car for the big sit and stand double stroller.  Anyhoo, we went for a super easy hike at Sapphire Point.  It is under a mile and basically flat.  Toward the end Kam fell and I had to carry him the rest of the way.  I was thankful for such a short and easy hike. 


Brody LOVED his free ride on daddy's back!



This kid is done with the photos....


Ice cream!

 




We ate out on average about 1 meal per/day.  Sometimes that was just grabbing some takeout and bringing it home (because let's be honest, toddler + baby + restaurant = generally not fun) but it usually meant going out.  Here are a list of our favorites for my memory:

South Ridge Seafood Grill:  This was conveniently right across the street from our rental.  We had amazing thai curry PEI mussels and korean beef tacos.

Park and Main: This was the only place we visited twice if that tells you how great it was!

Twist: This was right next to our rental so it was great for take out.

The Warming Hut:  We went here for lunch and the kids were fantastic! I am sure this swayed my opinion of the quality of food but I remember it being great. 

We really enjoyed Euro Deli and Daylight Donuts (more than just donuts) for breakfast.



Thanks for reading along if you made it to the end!  We have a big boy's 3rd birthday party this weekend, then my best friend's wedding, then the BIGGEST home improvement project in years!


No comments: