July 28, 2014

3rd Birthday Trash Bash!

I cannot believe my baby boy is THREE!  Or will be soon.  We celebrated a week early since Joe and I will be out of town for the actual day because my best friend is getting married in Chicago.

Anyway.... We treated Sunday like his actual birthday since he is 3 and can't read a calendar.  We went out for breakfast and I brought sprinkles.  He found these sprinkles in the pantry weeks ago and kept talking about them being on his birthday cake.


Many people ask me why we chose garbage trucks as the theme.  Kamden has loved them since he was about 18 months.  We have had the same garbage man for years and he actually calls Kam and the dogs his "fan club."   I am sure Brody will join the club soon :)

My sister volunteered to make the cake.  She did an amazing job!!!! It was something I couldn't handle.  I love to bake and cook but the tediousness of constructing and decorating a cake is just not my thing. 



He received so many awesome presents from our generous friends and family.  Luckily, I am pretty good at rotating toys to keep things interesting.  We bought him a 27" trash truck that has gone to bed with him at every nap and bedtime since the party :)


Grandpa and Grammy got him a tractor and wagon for a combined birthday/xmas gift.  Holy cow.  I didn't think we would get him inside after the party!


 Unfortunately, I waited to the end of the night to grab a family picture... this is as good as it gets :)



Here are a few details about the party:

I made a few games for the kids... pin the trash can / trash man on the garbage truck and a recycle sorting game with little "grabbers"



I made some decorations out of trash.... some newspaper flower arrangements in aluminum can vases


For the drinks we had:
Toxic Waste - some green punch
Waste Water - plain old ice water
and a tub full of beer and wine with a "Don't get Trashed" sign


For the food we had:
Sanitation Subs - thanks jimmy johns!
Spoiled Fruit - fruit salad
Rotting Vegetables - salad
Junk - chips

1 comment:

Shelly said...

So creative! Sad to have missed it by a week!