September 22, 2013

Brody's Nursery

I am a little delayed in getting pictures of the nursery posted.  It was 90% complete for weeks but a few things needed some final touches.  When the little guy decided to arrive 2 weeks before his due date, things got put on hold.

I didn't enjoy taking apart my favorite room in the house.  The guest room was re-done last year and I loved the result.  Luckily, the wall color is extremely neutral so I didn't paint.  The colors for the room are dark teal, navy (although it looks black in these photos), and gold.  I got the curtains at target.  They needed to be shortened and the leftover fabric was enough to make the crib skirt and cover for the rocking chair seat.  Thank goodness for a sew-savvy mom! 



 I created a painting for Kamden's nursery so I felt I should do the same for the second child :)
 

 I found this dresser on craigslist.  With a little paint it turned into something fun for the room.

This dresser was in the original guest room.  I just changed the handles be a dark gold color.  

Details -

Crib - borrowed from my sister
Dresser/changing table - craigslist, painted SW Very Teal with gold spray painted legs
Rocking Chair - family piece
Curtains, poof, gold pillow, lamp on changing table - Target
Wall picture frames - Target but painted navy 
End Table - Previously owned but painted to match room
Mirror - Home Depot
Navy Crib Skirt & Changing Pad Cover - Amazon

I just did an estimate of all the costs and I think it was less than $350.  Including the price of the dresser used as a changing table.  Not bad!

No comments: