July 28, 2011

The Nursery

FIVE DAYS! Until the due date, that is!

Below are some pictures of the (mostly) finished nursery. I am still waiting on one little storage cube project to be finished. I can't stress enough how much it rocks to have a Mom that is handy with a sewing machine!

As you can see, there is no "theme" and I prefer not to have things too "matchy-matchy". Lets all be honest here... this nursery is more for me than the baby. Although black, white, and red are the first colors a baby can see... ya... uh ... that is why I went with these colors :)






Here are the details because I know everyone wants to copy this exact nursery :)

Crib: Baby Mod - Olivia Crib purchased at (gasp) Walmart... this was hard for me... you can call me a snot but I don't shop here.

Glider: Dutailier - Purchased at babies r us as a floor model. Major discount!

Dresser/Changing Table: Already owned & store no longer in business.

Bookshelf: Ikea Expedit

Bookshelf Storage Cubes (not shown): Target's itso Fabric Storage Bin

End Table: Ikea's Lack Side Table

Curtains: Ikea (similar to these but plain white)

Added Curtain Fabric: Media Black/White Fabric from Warehouse Fabrics

Crib Skirt: Fabric from Hobby Lobby

Crib Sheet & Changing Pad Cover: Fabric purchased from a local quilting store and sewn by my Mom (aka Grandma). I have an additional red crib sheet that was purchased. It was NOT any cheaper to sew these on our own because you need to buy higher quality fabric since they get washed so often. We only did this for the color!

F-A-M-I-L-Y Photo Project: Photos taken by yours truly and printed at costco. They are hung on Ikea's Deka and Dignitet products

"K" Art:
This was my favorite project and it was super cheap. I bought a blank canvas at Hobby Lobby and then used the magic of painter's tape to create. My friend Ashley at Decorating Obsessed gets credit for the original inspiration!

Mobile: Wimmer-Ferguson Infant Stim-Mobile from Amazon

4 comments:

Amber Nutt said...

I love the nursery, especially the Family photos! So cute!

Ashley @ Decorating Obsessed said...

It looks so good! It will look even better with a baby in it. :)

Lucinda said...

Love his room! You did such an awesome job on it.

Shelly said...

The room looks great! I wonder if Justin will ever make the FAMILY wall?