When we moved in 3 years ago there was some incredibly overgrown and old shrubs in our front beds. The project has been ongoing since then and is still not really complete. One of my biggest annoyances with landscaping is when people don't think about the full growth potential for the plant. Between our house and sidewalk we have a 18" space for plants. That is pretty darn narrow. The plants that were there when we moved in are designed to get anywhere from 6-10' wide! Needless to say, it was a maintenance nightmare. They took over the sidewalk and actually damaged the side of our house! I almost forgot to take pictures but here is a progress shot of the removal (completed a few years ago).
Before:
Progress (today):
Hopefully, in a few years I can post new pictures of a completed front landscape. We had some loss and setbacks this year due to some mud(d)jacking but I think it is coming together nicely.
1 comment:
I completely forgot how big those were!
Post a Comment