Joe was working in STL for a day but the kids and I tagged along and made it a fun, family trip.
Obviously, we stopped in Columbia for some epic burgers at Booche's. I don't think the kids are as impressed as we are.
Once we got to STL, we immediately went to The Magic House. Brody actually threw up 1 block from the place but we (accurately) chalked it up to motion sickness from a couple hours of screen time in a moving car. We all wished we had more time here. They could have spent all day exploring this amazing children's museum. Once again... KC is majorly lacking in this department.
While Joe was working, the kids and I went to the St. Louis Science Center. It was free for us. I can't remember if it was free because of a reciprocal agreement with some of our local memberships or it is free for everyone. There was a great toddler age room that we hung out in for awhile. The kids were also really excited about the dinosaurs and the huge outdoor farming exhibit. It was a really great experience until I told the kids it was time to go and Brody was NOT ready. :)
We just happened to be in STL with the Royals. We went to the Royals / Cardinals game and it was mostly great! You know.... your 4 year old had been begging to go to a game for a couple of months. We finally go and all he can talk about is swimming in the hotel pool. ::eyeroll::
Honestly... we all had fun...
The STL Zoo is awesome! Much smaller/less animals than KC but the exhibits are amazing! AND... it's FREE! I was so excited to see the hippo exhibit (one of Brody's favorite animals) but they were doing the typical hippo thing... snoozing lazily in the corner out of sight.
On our way out of town and quickly before some rain came, we explored Grant's Farm (ALSO free). It was nice. But we had definitely packed way to much into a couple of days.
I am positive we will be back. Until next time St. Louis...











No comments:
Post a Comment