February 28, 2013

snOMG

SNOW SNOW SNOW.... and then some more SNOW!
I do love snow and the first storm was a lot of fun but I could have done with out the rest!  We got about 10 inches last Thursday.  That was a huge amount of snow for us.  We haven't had a storm that big in a couple of years.  Luckily, a very nice neighbor loaned us their snow blower and Joe made quick work of the mounds.  Kam loved watching him.


Over the weekend there was quite a bit of melting due to some gorgeous sunny days.  Kamden loved playing outside in it.  Unfortunately, I had left his coat with Aunt C and he lost a glove at daycare.  So he was sent outside with 3 layers and a couple socks covering one of his hands.  He didn't care... he was out of the house and happy!



He LOVED sledding in the front yard!
 


4 days after the first storm we got NINE more inches of snow.  This time around it was very heavy and wet.  During naptime, I shoveled one lane of the driveway.  It was exhausting but I was glad it was done.  Just to make things more fun, we got a few MORE inches overnight.  I think when it was all over, we had about 22 inches in less than week.

Wednesday the W family was getting a little stir crazy from being stuck in the house.  They came up to play for the afternoon.  Luckily, they had some extra gloves and a coat for K to borrow.  He got pretty frustrated because he couldn't walk in the snow but they definitely still had fun.
 

Duke loves the snow as well!
 
 
 

1 comment:

Shelly Mudd said...

That's more snow that what was on the mountain at Tahoe last weekend! Looks like fun!