I am finally getting around to recapping the trip to Portland. Only about 6 weeks after the trip.
We had planned an anniversary trip to New Hampshire but Joe needed to be in Portland about 3 days before we were going to NH. So, we just changed the trip and headed to OR instead! It was a great choice. Loved the city and the people we got to visit while there.
This will be a quick and dirty synopsis of the trip. Mostly photos and a few captions :)
I had the day to explore on my own while Joe was working. I took full advantage and did things I couldn't drag him to. I started with the International Rose Test Garden. It was AMAZING! Hundreds of thousands of roses in bloom.
Next stop (literally across the street) was the Japanese Garden. I was able to catch a tour that was just starting. Very informative and interesting.
I bought this adorable owl at the Japanese Garden. I love him.
Ended my time alone with an amazing sandwhich at PBJs Grill food cart. Portland has city blocks full of food carts. We basically ate lunch everyday at different carts. great food!
Joe surprised me with flowers, champagne, and chocolates in the room! Love that guy :)
We explored the city the next day (including Powell Books, Voodoo Donuts) and then hit up the Bite of Oregon the next. Fun food/wine/beer festival
The next day we headed to the coast. On the way, we stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Nice tour, great cheese, amazing ice cream.
We loved the coast! Cool weather and plenty of sun. We were just in time for the last few days of Dungeness crab season. We shared a delicious whole crab at Ecola Seafood Market. We brought a bottle of local wine that we got at the festival, cheese from the factory, and sat on the beach and enjoyed. Seriously, a great day.
That evening we celebrated a great 5 years at Jake's Grill.
Other food/drink highlights from the trip include:
and Russel's private grill (good food/beer/friends)!










No comments:
Post a Comment