February 13, 2011

Late Christmas Post

As Joe prepares Valentine's Day dinner, I thought I should FINALLY post about Christmas. As usual we were very busy with all of our families. The season got kicked off by a trip to Nebraska with my extended family. We see them sporadically throughout the year but Christmas is the only time we are ALL together. We don't all fit in one house anymore so we rented this hunting lodge that turned out perfectly. We all had our own rooms plus there was a large dining room and gathering rooms for us to use. It really was the perfect setup.
(Thanks to my sister, I have any pictures at all... some day I will be better about this)

Cute picture of "B" and I:

Santa delivered handmade treasures from my Grandpa's old overalls (he wore Key overalls everywhere but church).

Great Grandma with all of her Great Grand Kids. 8 now but there will be 10 by next Christmas!

The "Original 8" cousins in the family.

One of the most memorable parts of this Christmas was the VERY intense spoons tournament. I beat the "Original 8" along with a few others who dared to join in. The prize? This traveling trophy:

Since I am horrible at taking pictures, I don't have any from the remaining Christmas celebrations. We spent the 23rd at Joe's Mom's house for breakfast and lunch. We did fondue (family tradition) at Joe's Dad's house on the 24th and followed that up with a candlelight service at our church. Christmas Day we were at my parent's house for the traditional crab feast.

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Let me know when we need to rent out the entire Marriott in Omaha. I'll see if I have enough points yet:)